We apply beautiful henna designs on lovely people.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Skin Care- Product Recommendation

As a practicing esthetician since 2006, I've tried a number of skin-care products to best remedy my dry skin. From cleansers to moisturizes, there are only 2 companies I can finally rely on. First--Dermalogica--the company's products I studied and used while I was in skin care school (My favorite products: Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel and Daily Microfoliant.) and SECOND-SHAHNAZ HUSAIN products!!!

Because 'm not a big fan of Dermalogica's moisturizers, I started looking for something different. The most surprising thing? The moisturizer I was looking for was right at the salon--used for regular facials ALL along (for the past 11 years!!!). I had only tried this moisturizer a few times and didn't like it at first because it was so heavy. Why I like it now? I use a TONER before I apply the moisturizer--AND WHAT A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE THIS MAKES!

Here is my daily skin care regimen, and my new love for Shahnaz Husain products:


1. SHAMOON Sandalwood Cleansing Lotion- Often times, I find myself running out of Dermalogica's cleansing products and start using this as the best alternative. It is soft, non-invasive, hydrating cleanser that doesn't leave my skin completely dry nor too oily. The perfect balance.







2. SHAROSE Date Enriched Skin Tone-
I'm not sure how to even begin to explain how excited I am to introduce this toner! Who does not want a spray of freshness? Who does not want to smell rose and rosy-hued liquid toners? Spray this toner before you use any of your moisturizers. Makes a world of a difference.






3. SHAMOIST Rehydrant Treatment- The most amazing moisturizer EVER!!! It's soft and it smells good. Only drawback-- since this product is slightly heavy, you do NOT need to apply liberally. A small dime size portion should do.









And since I've apparently shared my love of Shahnaz Husain products, let's just toss this in for the sake of love, and love of nail polish.

Nail Enamel #101: Glazing Ruby

And they're even the greatest company ever, because you can now ship it to your home!! Before, you'd have to set out on a long trek to India, pay lots of Indian rupees to get these products. Now you can go HERE: SHAHNAZHUSAINUSA.COM


Now that I've shared my favorite skin care products with you, what do you recommend and/or use? What would you change about your skin care regimen?

2 comments:

  1. ahhh i love this!! (& i love your photos!!)

    i think some of my fave skincare products come from sephora. i love korres and bliss and a lot of other natural-ish type skin stuff.

    thanks for the recommendations!!

    just wondering: are you always supposed to apply toner before moisturizing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased  Shahnaz Husain Products from Awesome bazar. Awesome Bazar provides best competitive prices product and fast delivery process . Really very nice service of awesome bazar, Awesome bazaar best Shopping destination. Find At https://awesomebazar.com/brands/shahnaz-husain/

    ReplyDelete