We apply beautiful henna designs on lovely people.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Accents

Ever since we've remodeled and re-opened our salon, I've been actively (and sometimes unconsciously) looking out for accessories to accent the salon and make it more esthetically pleasing.

My friend had these flower stencils (in gold) on her door a few years back. Since then, I've grown to adore this design and am happy to find that it was still on sale!





I've also wanted to get vintage frames to surround everyone's beauty licenses, for photos of henna and make up, and for signs that say "yes, we do take credit card."

I think these little details are what I remember in other places I adore, and that's what has me going back to the same places. I hope I can achieve this sense of attention to detail and have our clients feel comfortable, cozy, and inspired while they're at our salon.

What about you? Are there any unique places you've visited and felt inspired? What makes these places unique and inspirational?

Coming soon: Recommendations of skin and make up products!

1 comment:

  1. i think those decals are great -- so beautiful, such subtle hints of class and elegance. it's a great, inexpensive way to add something special to a room!

    the salon looks great!!

    and i'm totally with you -- it's usually the little things that stand out for me. especially at salons -- i love seeing the small touches that mean the owners really paid attention to everything.

    thanks for sharing!!

    can't wait for the recommendations!!! :D

    ReplyDelete